How to Rename Multiple Files in Windows
How to Rename Multiple Files with Windows Explorer
- Start Windows Explorer. To do so, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Select multiple files in a folder. …
- After you select the files, press F2.
- Type the new name, and then press ENTER.
How do you rename multiple files at once?
Rename multiple files at once
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder with the files to change their names.
- Click the View tab.
- Select the Details view. Source: Windows Central.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the Select all button. …
- Click the Rename button from the “Home” tab.
- Type the new file name and press Enter.
How do I rename a long file in Windows 10?
- open command prompt and find the directory with the file.
- type dir /X.
- this command will show the short 8+3 names followed by long names.
- find the file you want to rename and use command. rename “shortname” “newname”
- “shortname” is 8+3 name and “newname” is name you want to rename to.