How to lock desktop icons in place on Windows 10
Hi, In Windows 10, there are ways to keep the icons in place.
- In your desktop, right click on an open area.
- Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
- Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click Apply.
- Arrange your icons where you want them to be.
How do I lock my desktop icons from moving?
- Go to Control Panel. Right-click Start (Windows icon). Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, find Appearance and Personalization > Personalization.
- Open the Desktop Icon Settings box.
- Near the bottom left of that box, uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons. Click Apply > OK to exit.